KSU at Atlanta Pride 2017
October 14th and 15th at Piedmont Park in Atlanta
Join LGBTQ Student Programs and our campus partners as we represent KSU at this year's Atlanta Pride Festival!
Below you will find information on the many ways KSU will be visible at Atlanta Pride, as well as information on how to get involved and volunteer! Please check back often for the latest information as new details, events, and services become available.
Be sure to stop by the KSU booth and show your OWL PRIDE!
2017 Booth location: P9 (Purple)
For the third year in a row, KSU will host a booth at the Atlanta Pride Marketplace. We will spend the weekend showcasing all of the amazing programs and services KSU has to offer! Atlanta Pride attracts over 250,000 attendees annually and makes for the perfect opportunity to promote KSU and the work we do to make the campus an accepting and welcoming environment.
Volunteer to help staff the booth!
CLICK HERE TO VOLUNTEER
We are looking for campus community members to help staff the booth at Atlanta Pride! Sign up today to work one or more 2 hour shifts during Pride weekend and help us make history! Volunteers will have the opportunity to promote their organizations and programs to a potential audience of 250,000 attendees from across the state and region.
Atlanta Pride Parade
KSU Parade Line-Up Location: Row E
This year, KSU is participating in the Atlanta Pride Parade in a big way! Through partnership with the Department of Parking & Transportation, KSU's participation in the Atlanta Pride Parade will include the Big Owl Bus (BOB)!
Register today to walk with KSU in the Pride Parade!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO WALK IN PRIDE PARADE
This year, in addition to inviting individuals to register, we are encouraging departments and organizations to register to walk with KSU! Our goal is to showcase the widespread support across campus for LGBTQ students, staff, faculty, and alumni present at KSU!
- Parade Assembly Area is located at the intersection of West Peachtree St. and Ralph McGill Blvd. (There is no easily accessible parking in this area and the streets will be shut down).
- KSU will be lining up in ROW E, located on West Peachtree St. on the Marta Civic Center Station side.
- We strongly encourage participants to utilize the FREE BOB Shuttle service (information below)
In partnership with the Department of Parking & Transportation, LGBTQ Student Programs offers free transportation to students to and from Atlanta Pride over the course of the weekend.
BOB Shuttle Pick-Up/Drop-Off Locations
Kennesaw Campus: The Commons/Burruss Building Stop
Marietta Campus: Wilson Student Center Stop
Atlanta Pride: Botanical Gardens
BOB Shuttle Route Times
- The BOB Shuttle will appear in TransLoc as a Charter Route. We strongly encourage riders to take advantage of the TransLoc app to track the location of the Shuttle and plan their arrival and departure accordingly.
- All riders are responsible for catching the last shuttle of the day.
- We will not be able to come back down to Piedmont Park to pick you up if you miss the last shuttle.
- If you have questions or concerns during Atlanta Pride, please stop by the KSU Booth between 10:00AM and 7:00PM or tweet us at @LGBTQKSU (recommended).
- To/From Botanical Gardens: 10:00AM - 2:00PM, 5:00PM - 9:00PM (BOB Vans)
- To Parade Assembly Area: 9:00AM (Parade Bus), 9:00AM - 12:00PM (BOB Vans)
- To/From Botanical Gardens: 4:00PM-9:00PM (BOB Vans)
Civic Center Station
SAGE Parking Deck or Colony Square Parking Deck (fee charged). 3 miles from parade assembly area.