Volunteerism and Service Learning Support hosts & co-hosts several events annually. If you are interested in taking part of any (or all) of these events, please contact our office to get involved or follow us on FACEBOOK or Instagram (@volunteer_kennesaw) for more up-to-the-minute information! For a calendar of these events, check out the "Important Dates" section of our website by clicking HERE or navigating to it in the lefthand column.
- Annual Volunteer Fair
- In August each year, our many wonderful community partners come to campus to share their missions and volunteer needs with KSU students, faculty, and staff. This provides a great opporunity for KSU students, faculty, & staff to connect with a community partner and make a difference in the community!
- VSLS will host monthly group service projects that address various community needs by working with different community partners. These #ServiceSaturdays will rotate in leaving from the Marietta and Kennesaw campuses and will include transportation, refreshments, serving the community, and a post-service reflection.
- Red Cross Blood Drives
- You can give blood or your time to help save a life by participating in our regular blood drives scheduled throughout the year at both the Marietta and Kennesaw campuses.
- Holiday Giving Tree
- In November/December of every year, KSU faculty, staff, and students at both campuses have the opportunity to support the holiday experience of local children.
- Alternative Spring Breaks (ASB)
- Alternative Spring Breaks provide a fun and educational opportunity for KSU students
to experience something unique. They provide an affordable option for students who
are interested in giving back to the national or global community. ASBs engage students
in meaningful and collaborative community service in an effort to increase awareness
of social issues and strengthen the communities in which they serve as well as foster
a strong sense of community among trip participants and to the university as a whole.
Our trips are centered around Break Away’s Eight Components of a Quality Alternative Break: strong direct service, orientation, training, education, reflection, reorientation, diversity, and alcohol- and other-drug-free.
- KSU Day of Service
- KSU’s Day of Service is an initiative that began in 2014 with numerous students, faculty,
staff, alumni, and community members volunteering their time to say “thanks” to our
community by participating in service projects in the surrounding community. Depending
on the service site, volunteers can choose from activities ranging from light gardening
and picking up litter, to trail maintenance and working at a local food pantry. There
are service sites available at both the Marietta and Kennesaw campuses.
This annual event is collaboratively organized by the Office of Volunteerism and Service Learning Support, the Office of Community Engagement, and a Planning Committee made up of students, faculty and staff.
- KSU’s Day of Service is an initiative that began in 2014 with numerous students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members volunteering their time to say “thanks” to our community by participating in service projects in the surrounding community. Depending on the service site, volunteers can choose from activities ranging from light gardening and picking up litter, to trail maintenance and working at a local food pantry. There are service sites available at both the Marietta and Kennesaw campuses.
- Homecoming Service Project
- Annually, VSLS hosts a service project as part of KSU Homecoming week to celebrate the spirit and dedication of all KSU Owls to service and active citizenship.
- Week of Welcome (WOW) Service Project
- Annually, VSLS hosts a service project as part of the robust schedule of events for Week of Welcome to introduce all KSU students to the notion that "to be a KSU Owl is to serve."
- Homelessness Awareness Week (HAW) Service Project with C.A.R.E. Services
- VSLS hosts a service project as part of the Homelessness Awareness Week to give KSU students, faculty, and staff an opportunity to address the issues of homelessness in our surrounding community.
- MLK Day of Impact with Multicultural Student Affairs
- On the Saturday prior to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, VSLS collaborates with MSA to host the MLK Day of Impact which brings students, faculty, and staff together to serve in the community and address a community need that speaks to Dr. King's legacy of service and citizenship.
- Greeks Give Back with Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Annually, VSLS collaborates with FSL to host a day of service for KSU fraternities and sororities to address community needs and exemplify the fraternity and sorority values of philanthropy and service.