The Office of Volunteerism and Service Learning Support is honored and grateful to partner with our many wonderful Community Partners to serve the needs of our surrounding communities. We are happy to connect Community Partners with our KSU students/faculty/staff/alumni who are seeking the opportunity to serve and engage with their surrounding community.
The Volunteerism and Service Learning Support office partners with local nonprofit agencies that offer both ongoing and one time service opportunities. We currently have over 300 organizations that utilize our VKSU/Get Connected system to post volunteer opportunities online for our students. Our online system is a great benefit to our community partners because it allows the agencies to manage their own profile page, list any and all volunteer opportunities that they are recruiting for, and communicate directly with the volunteers who sign up. The system is available and accessible to all students, faculty, staff and alumni so the opportunities listed are viewed by the entire KSU communtity.
We are always looking for new partners and ways to engage in the community and surrounding areas. If you are seeking volunteers and would like to become a Community Partner, please review the important information and instructions below.
Before contacting us with your request for student volunteers and/or to be listed as a Community Partner/Agency on our VKSU/Get Connected site, please ensure that your service opportunity meets the following criteria. If your request does not meet all of the below criteria, but does meet the last three (**), we will still gladly publicize your request to all of our students, but unfortunately will not be able to add this need to our VKSU/Get Connected site.
- Requests must be submitted at least ten days in advance of the service date for which you are requesting volunteers. The sooner you submit a request, the longer we will have to promote to volunteers and more likely we will be to provide volunteers for your event.
- Date(s) of service for which you are seeking volunteers must be during periods of time when students are currently enrolled in classes (e.g. not during Fall Break, Spring Break, Winter Break, Administrative Closings, Summer break, etc.) For a complete list of KSU administrative closings/breaks/etc. please click HERE.
- Date(s) of service are cannot be during the university's official exam period. For exam dates, click HERE.
- The specific duties that student volunteers will be fulfilling must be communicated to VSLS explicitly. Should the actual volunteer duties performed differ from those communicated to VSLS, VSLS has the right to remove your agency/organization/department from soliciting for any future volunteers through the VKSU/Get Connected system.
- Service requests should not place student volunteers in harm's way, or expose them to drug/alcohol consumption. (**)
- Service requests should not utilize KSU volunteers to sell items or collect money for an agency or institution. (**)
- Volunteerism and Service Learning Support (VSLS) is committed to providing a safe and productive environment for our students whether they are on campus or in the community. Therefore, volunteer opportunities posted to the Volunteer Kennesaw website must be open to all students regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, mental/physical ability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. Any opportunity that does not meet this requirement will be excluded from the site. (**)
After reviewing the above criteria and to initiate the process of requesting KSU volunteers and/or becoming a Community Partner on our VKSU/Get Connected site, please e-mail us at volunteerKSU@kennesaw.edu indicating your request, including all of the following information:
- Your organization’s name & mission
- Your organization’s classification (i.e. are you a 501c3, etc?)
- Link to your organization’s official website
- The population (who or what) your organization benefits/serves directly?
- What specific duties will KSU student volunteers be doing while volunteering?
- What sort of volunteer training/policies/expectations/safety protocols does your organization have in place?
- Who will be managing the oversight of KSU student volunteers (i.e. a staff person from your organization will need to oversee a volunteer sign-in/out system in order to validate that students have completed the hours they are reporting so that student volunteers may log and track those hours)?
Thank you for your interest in partnering with the Office of Volunteerism and Service Learning Support! If you have further questions, please email volunteerKSU@kennesaw.edu. We look forward to working with you to serve our community!