The Office of Volunteerism and Service Learning Support is honored and grateful to partner with our many wonderful Community Partners to serve the needs of our surrounding communities. We are happy to connect Community Partners with our KSU students/faculty/staff/alumni who are seeking the opportunity to serve and engage with their surrounding community.
We currently have over 300 organizations that utilize our VKSU volunteer match site to post volunteer opportunities online for our students. This site is a great benefit to our community partners because it allows the agencies to manage their own profile page, list any and all volunteer opportunities that they are recruiting for, and communicate directly with the volunteers who sign up. The system is available and accessible to all students, faculty, staff and alumni so the opportunities listed are viewed by the entire KSU communtity. Click HERE to explore the VKSU volunteer match site.
Before contacting us with your request for student volunteers and/or to be listed as a Community Partner/Agency on our VKSU/Get Connected site, please ensure that your service opportunity meets the following criteria. If your request does not meet all of the below criteria, but does meet the last three (**), we will still gladly publicize your request to all of our students, but unfortunately will not be able to add this need to our VKSU/Get Connected site.
- Requests must be submitted at least ten days in advance of the service date for which you are requesting volunteers. The sooner you submit a request, the longer we will have to promote to volunteers and more likely we will be to provide volunteers for your event.
- Date(s) of service for which you are seeking volunteers must be during periods of time when students are currently enrolled in classes (e.g. not during Fall Break, Spring Break, Winter Break, Administrative Closings, Summer break, etc.) For a complete list of KSU administrative closings/breaks/etc. please click HERE.
- Date(s) of service cannot be during the university's official exam period. For exam dates, click HERE.
- The specific duties that student volunteers will be fulfilling must be communicated to VSLS explicitly. Should the actual volunteer duties performed differ from those communicated to VSLS, VSLS has the right to remove your agency/organization/department from soliciting for any future volunteers through the VKSU/Get Connected system.
- Service requests should not place student volunteers in harm's way, or expose them to drug/alcohol consumption. (**)
- Service requests should not utilize KSU volunteers to sell items or collect money for an agency or institution. (**)
- Volunteerism and Service Learning Support (VSLS) is committed to providing a safe and productive environment for our students whether they are on campus or in the community. Therefore, volunteer opportunities posted to the Volunteer Kennesaw website must be open to all students regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, mental/physical ability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. Any opportunity that does not meet this requirement will be excluded from the site. (**)
If, after reviewing the above criteria, you would like to initiate the process of requesting KSU volunteers and/or becoming a Community Partner on our VKSU/Get Connected site, please fill out the form below:
Thank you for your interest in partnering with the Office of Volunteerism and Service Learning Support! If you have further questions, please email volunteerKSU@kennesaw.edu. We look forward to working with you to serve our community!